When Elizabeth Webber is raped, Lucky also finds out that Luke once raped Laura. Luke’s ongoing war against the Cassadines divides the family. Lucky is believed to be dead in an explosion. (Includes Luke’s two appearances on Port Charles in 1998 at the bottom of the page.)
- GH history from the ABC website: 1998 | 1999
- SOD Recaps: March 1998 – Nikolas tells Lucky that Luke raped Laura.
- SOD Recaps: October 1998 – Lucky and his friends investigate the rape; Lucky moves in over Jason’s motorcycle shop.
- SOD Recaps: November 1998 – Liz faces her rapist; Luke takes Lucky to a cabin to discuss the rape.
- SOD Recaps: December 1998 – Luke explains to Laura he was trying to kill Helena, not Katherine; Stefan tells Laura to choose between her families; Luke sets up Stefan to find Katherine in bed with Nikolas.
- SOD Recaps: January 1999 – The truth that Stefan is Nikolas’s father comes out.
- SOD Recaps: February 1999 – Luke breaks into Stefan’s accounts; Aunt Ruby dies.
- SOD Recaps: March 1999 – Luke meets Faison and hires Tammy to run Kelly’s.
- SOD Recaps: April 1999 – Luke finds support from Felicia; Lucky is killed in a fire.
- SOD Recaps: May 1999 – Luke and Laura grieve for Lucky; Luke sleeps with Tammy.
- Dad’s Dirty Little Secret – TV Guide, 3/7/98 – In this interview with Michael Logan, Tony talks about revisiting Luke’s rape of Laura in the current storyline with Lucky
- The News – Soap Opera Weekly, 12/8/98 – Tony talks about Norma Connolly’s death and the state of Luke and Laura’s relationship in these two news stories.
- GH’s Lucky Learns Luke’s Secret – Soap Opera Weekly, 3/10/98 – Lucky learns that Luke raped Laura.
- What You Need to Know about General Hospital – Soap Opera Digest, 3/10/98 – A guide for new viewers of GH.
- Luke is Haunted by His Past with Laura – Soap Opera Update, 3/17/98 – Elizabeth’s rape is a precursor to trouble in the Spencer family.
- Next Week – Soap Opera Weekly, 11/3/98 – Luke returns to town.
- Soap Opera Digest, 11/10/98 – Luke and Alexis send Katherine off the balcony during Stefan’s ball; editors praise Laura’s time with Stefan.
- Soap Opera Magazine, 11/17/98 – Luke returns to town; Luke kidnaps Lucky.
- Luke Kidnaps Lucky on GH – Soap Opera Weekly, 11/17/98 – Preview for Luke taking Lucky to the cabin and trying to work through the rape.
- Sonny Comes Home – Soap Opera Magazine, 11/24/98 – Tony hopes to work with Maurice again when Sonny returns to GH.
- Soap Opera Weekly, 11/24/98 – Laura learns that Luke was part of Katherine’s murder; Tony is one Editor’s favorite actor.
- Soap Opera Digest, 12/1/98 – Luke’s out of town; praise for the Spencer/Cassadine storyline.
- Soap Opera Magazine, 12/1/98 – Laura finds Lucky and Luke at the cabin; Bobbie tries to convince Luke to focus on his own family.
- Soap Opera Magazine 12/8/98 – Luke and Laura’s troubles; Jonathan Jackson talks about the rape storyline.
- The List – Soap Opera Weekly 12/8/98 – Luke in the trap.
- Soap Opera Digest, 12/22/98 – Luke returns to town and makes sure Stefan knows Katherine and Nikolas are an item.
- Uninvited Guests on GH – Soap Opera Magazine, 12/22/98 – Writer wonders why it’s so easy to break into the mansions of Port Charles.
- Public Opinion – Soap Opera Weekly, 12/22/98 – A reader praises Tony’s work in the scenes where Luke relives the rape.
- Estranged Bedfellows – Soap Opera Digest, 1/5/99 – Short piece on Luke and Laura’s troubles in recent years.
- The List – Soap Opera Weekly, 1/12/99 – Luke is a walking “wish I’d said that.”
- Absolutely Feb-ulous – Soap Opera Digest, 2/2/99 – It’s Luke vs. Stefan when Luke returns to town after Ruby’s death.
- This Week’s Questions – Soap Opera Weekly, 2/2/99 – Should Laura be with Stefan or Luke?
- Soap Opera Digest, 2/9/99 – Luke on Jerry, Luke comes home for Ruby’s funeral.
- Soap Opera Weekly, 2/16/99 – Alexis finds herself in the middle of Jax, Luke, and Sonny; Luke’s beard is a winner.
- Public Opinion – Soap Opera Weekly, 2/23/99 – A reader doesn’t like the deconstruction of Luke and Laura.
- Secret Passages – Soap Opera Digest, 3/9/99 – Luke meets Faison in Switzerland, but doesn’t know who he really is.
- Hit…Family Loss and Love on GH – Soap Opera Weekly, 3/9/99 – Praise for the episodes surrounding Ruby’s death.
- Thumbs Up! And Down! – Soap Opera Digest, 3/16/99 – Thumbs up for Luke and Lucky’s reconciliation after the rape.
- Wish I’d Said That – Soap Opera Weekly, 4/6/99 – Luke weighs in on Amy and Valentine’s Day.
- Late-Breaking News: The End for GH’s Luke and Laura? – Soap Opera Digest, 4/13/99 – Guza talks about how far he will go in splitting up Luke and Laura.
- Alarming Developments – Soap Opera Digest, 4/20/99 – This article describes recent Spencer storylines and teases Lucky’s death.
- Soap Opera Digest, 5/4/99 – Luke turns to Tammy for consolation; will Lucky’s death be the last straw for Luke and Laura?
- Soap Opera Weekly, 5/4/99 – One reader doesn’t like the doom and gloom, and readers don’t want divorce for Luke and Laura.
- The Good-bye Guy – Soap Opera Digest, 5/11/99 – In a piece on soap actors’ absences, this blurb about Tony’s yearly vacations.
- Editor’s Choice: Lucky’s “Death,” General Hospital – Soap Opera Digest, 5/18/99 – Lucky’s “death” wins editors’ choice.
- Soap Opera Digest, 5/25/99 – Editor and reader praise for Lucky’s “death.”
- Viewers’ Voice – Soap Opera Weekly, 6/1/99 – Readers praise Tony’s work on Lucky’s “death.”
Luke appeared on GH’s spin-off, Port Charles, for the first time in February 1998. Lucy was in the hospital, poisoned by Rex Stanton, and Scott was using all of his resources to save her. Meanwhile, Kevin was ever at Lucy’s bedside. Luke arrived at the hospital for a visit in four scenes. In the first, he runs into Scotty; in the rest, he visits with Lucy.
Luke appeared for the second time in June 1998, in scenes for the Nurses’ Ball. He helps Kevin to save Lucy from a suffocating dress (part of the “General Homicide” killer’s plot to copycat Kevin’s murder mystery novel), and then confronts Eve about the possibility that she might be responsible. Scott steps in with his two cents. Finally, Luke speaks with Mike, who’s upset that Sonny didn’t tell him he was back in town; Luke is having his own difficulties with Lucky.